play_arrow

keyboard_arrow_right

skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
playlist_play chevron_left
chevron_left
  • play_arrow

    Solway Radio Local community radio station for listeners in the Solway Plain

National News

Britney Spears under investigation over alleged attack on staff

todayAugust 20, 2021

Background
share close

Britney Spears under investigation over alleged attack on staff

It allegedly happened at her home.

Britney Spears is under investigation over assault charges after a staff member at her home alleged the singer struck her, authorities said Thursday.

Deputies responded to Spears’ home in Southern California after the staff member reported the Monday night dispute, the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office said.

No-one was injured.

Reports taken by deputies will be handed over to prosecutors for consideration, the sheriff’s office said, giving no further details.

Spears’ attorney Matthew Rosengart said in an email that the investigation is overblown sensational tabloid fodder – nothing more than a manufactured “he said she said” regarding a mobile phone, with no striking and obviously no injury whatsoever”.

“Anyone can make an accusation but this should have been closed immediately,” Mr Rosengart said.

Spears has a home in Thousand Oaks, about 40 miles west of Los Angeles.

Spears, 39, hired Mr Rosengart last month as she seeks to regain greater control of her life 13 years into a court conservatorship that has power over her money and affairs.

In court hearings, Spears called the conservatorship “abusive”.

Mr Rosengart has made his first priority removing Spears’ father, James Spears, from his role as conservator of his finances.

James Spears said in a court filing last week that he has a plan in the works to step down, but gave no timetable.

Published: by Radio NewsHub

Written by: admin

Rate it

Previous post

National News

Rafael Nadal to miss rest of season with foot injury

Defending champion Dominic Thiem, five-time winner Roger Federer and 2016 champ Stan Wawrinka have also pulled out of this year’s US Open. Rafael Nadal is the latest player to withdraw from the US Open having called time on his 2021 season. The 20-time grand slam champion, who won his fourth Flushing Meadows title two years ago, is still being troubled by the foot injury he aggravated at the French Open. […]

todayAugust 20, 2021


0%